|Morongo Valley Fire Department|
11207 Ocotillo PO BOX 46
Morongo Valley CA. 92256
BURN PERMIT RULES
- No burning will be allowed without written consent of the property owner.
- Area around burn piles must be cleared of all debris, flammable materials, tree and shrubs for a distance of 30 Feet.
- Minimum distance between piles is 30 feet.
- Minimum distance from piles to any power lines or property lines is 50 Feet in all directions.
- Maximum pile size allowed is 6 feet diameter X 5 feet high.
- All fires will be extinguished by 12 Noon, without any remaining smoke, embers, or hot spots.
- No tires, palm logs, trash, plywood, lumber, or rubbish of any type may be burned.
- You must have a copy of the burn permit with you at the burn site when you are burning.
- Fires shall Not be lit, each morning, until MVFD at 760-363-6211 and Dispatch at 909-881-6916 has been notified directly.
- No burning is allowed anytime the wind exceeds 5 mph. Due to atmospheric conditions, if smoke does not freely rise up and away from inhabited areas, you must stop burning and extinguish all fire.
- There must be at least _______ able-bodied adults at the burn area at all times during your burning operation.
ANY OF THE FOLLOW ITEMS BELOW THAT ARE CHECKED WILL APPLY:
( ) Must have means of contacting 911 in case of emergency.
( ) Must have hand tools for fire control.
( ) Must have water available at the site.
( ) Must have a water tanker available at the site.
( ) Must have a tractor or bulldozer at the site.
( ) May have active flame in only one pile at a time.